Friday, December 16, 2011

Habitat For Humanity

This was great community service opportunity! Every other community service project I have been a part of, I have felt like I just wanted to get it over with. However, this one was fun. I like projects where you can actually see your progress right then and there. When we first arrived on the project we got to meet the woman who was actually going to be living in this Habitat House in Uniontown. It was amazing to see her there being a part of her new home being built and that she was working right next to us. This way we could see the people we were helping face to face which made more of an impact on us as the helpers. This project was also fun because it was hands on work. We got to help install the insulation throughout the whole home and used drills to secure the floor boards. This was fun because between the time we showed up and left we could see a huge difference in the home and we knew that we were apart of it. It was also interesting to see all of the materials we had learned about in our Materials class such a windows, electrical cords, and bathroom fixtures, and actually get to use them in the work we did. If I were to become a designer it was also amazing to see how what I would design would be out together by all of the builders of whatever space I were to design. I thought this was a fun and active opportunity that I would love to do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment